Done with the right affiliate marketing company, you can earn and get paid for the money you’ve been working for.
Done with the wrong program and you get nothing.
So how do you avoid the scam sites? The answer is one word: Research. That's what I did with MoreNiche before I decided to join.
Start by typing in the company name, along with the word ‘scam’, into a search engine. I did that in Yahoo with MoreNiche. The first page brought up sites that had blog posts with MoreNiche and ‘scam’ in the title.
To me, the most important word displayed was ‘NOT’.
This post by Affiliate Scam Guide is interesting and helped me make my decision to join, particularly since the program manager from MoreNiche took the time to respond.
So how do you pick the right program?
1. Does the company have good support? Do they answer emails and have valid contact information?
2. Do they have a valid offline address? You’ll find the one for MoreNiche right at the bottom of their page.
3. What % of commission do they pay? Look for sites paying over 30%.
4. Is their tracking system real time and accurate?
5. Do they have a forum with REAL people participating, available to help you and answer your questions?
6. Are the products well targeted for your market and of good quality? Like the product but won’t work on your current site? Then do what I’ve done…I've taken advantage of the tools MoreNiche has to offer and started a new site.
Where should you do your research?
1. Forums are a great place to start. There are many people who use the forums for reference and are also happy to share their experiences. Don’t hesitate to ask for advice and be specific about the affiliate marketing program you are considering joining. Put the name of the program into the search engine of the forum to see what has already been written about it.
2. Look into the program carefully and see what it has to offer you.
3. Put the company name into the search engines and see what comes up. Read all reviews carefully. If most of the reviews are positive, I ignore the couple that migh say 'scam'. On the other hand, if most scream SCAM, stay away!
Don’t skimp on the research. You want to join an affiliate marketing program that will provide you with the help and tools you need to earn money and will pay you your earned money on a regular basis. Ready to move forward? Then it's the right time to sign up with MoreNiche.
This policy is valid from 1December2011. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by the owner. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. The paid content, advertising space, or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for the posts or advertisements, the owner always give their honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not conation any content which might present a conflict of interest.